This is my little space on the internet where I wear my heart on my sleeve, where I keep it real and above all, where I hope to encourage others. I share my life with you, not because I think I’m awesome, but because I believe that life is meant to be shared. And maybe, just maybe, God will use my story, experiences and randomness to encourage you in your life.
Happy Monday! And while I’m at it, Happy Halloween! Hope your week is off to a good start :). Last week I did my first rendition of “Boos + Woo hoos” and it was FUN so I’m going to do it again today :)
1. Engagement sessions– Maybe I’m not supposed to admit that I have a favorite type of session but I’m going to let the cat out of the bag. I LOVE ENGAGEMENT SESSIONS!!! And after 2 lovely sessions this weekend, I was reminded why. The love, the laughter, the joy. Who wouldn’t want to capture that?!
2. Gluten free pizza- I might be one of the few people who actually enjoy the taste of gluten free food. I’ve been gf for about 2 years now, and I love the way I feel because of it. I’m very disciplined about staying away from gluten which can make eating out difficult. I am more than excited that so many places are starting to offer gf options, and just about do a back flip when one of those items is pizza. Thanks for making my dreams come true pizza boy!
3. Hoover FloorMate- What did I do without this thing??? I had been searching high and low for a product that would give me some relief from my dog hair/dirt infested house. And then the Hoover FloorMate came around and changed my cleaning world! I actually get a bit giddy (and equally disgusted) when I see how much dirt + hair this thing mops up. At least I can see that it’s working!
4. Early morning workouts– After being lazy bums for like 4 weeks straight, we finally got back into our 6am workout routine last week and boy do I feel good! Now if only the pounds would just melt away with my enthusiasm ;)
5. Green Wedding Shoes– One of my fav wedding websites of all time! This site is full of wedding/photography goodness. Pardon me while I swoon ;) www.greenweddingshoes.com
6. Tilt shift lens– Ohhhhh how I love this lens. Joe + I rented the 45mm this weekend and we had SO much fun playing around with it (although Joe was hogging it most of the time) ;). But not gonna lie, he was rockin’ it better than me (or at least we’ll let him think that!)
1. Price of Halloween candy- Don’t get me wrong, I like to see the little cutie kids in their costumes as much as the next person but dang they really rob you on the cost of candy! I should start a halloween candy savings fund for next year now ;).
2. Puffins Peanut Butter + Chocolate Cereal- Chocolate: delish. Peanut butter: delish. Puffins: delish. How is this not a totally delish cereal when you combine those things together?! I grabbed it from the shelf and couldn’t wait to pour myself a bowl when I got home but I felt like I was eating a big bowl of disappointment.
3. Injury proneness- Somehow I manage to injure myself in the dumbest ways possible. Like when I was doing jumping jacks in the living room/kitchen and whacked my hand on the counter on the way up. Or like today when I was just walking in my bedroom and knocked my hand on one of my dresser knobs. I didn’t know that a hand has a ‘funny bone’ but I can confirm that it does! I must have hit it just right because the pain went up my whole arm and it was tingling and throbbing and hurting like crazy! Faith was looking at me like I was nuts as I proceeded to roll around on my bed in pain gripping my arm. Big ‘boo’ to that one!
One of Joe’s shots using the tilt shift. Isn’t it fun?? I love the effect it gives.